i-tec Docker Pro, Software for Enterprise Docking
Universal docking stations; docking stations that are not associated to any particular notebook brand or model, are not capable of cloning the MAC address of the host notebook. They always submit their own LAN port MAC address to the corporate network. Technically, this means any notebook connected to the docking station can try to connect to the network, even those that do not have administrator permission. As a result, due to security concerns, universal docking stations can prove to be a bottleneck for IT Managers, especially in companies where network access and rights are tightly controlled.
i-tec Docker Pro provides MAC address cloning
A software extension allows the virtual replication of the notebook MAC address. This includes the MAC address of WiFi and Bluetooth adapters too, not only the LAN adapter address itself. This feature is enabled for all notebooks equipped with Windows 10, when used in conjunction with a i-tec docking station with a LAN port.
Properties of i-tec Docker Pro
- Following installation, the operating system starts a service that runs in the background, capable of detecting when an i-tec docking station is connected.
- MAC cloning, either automatically or manually, based on administrator permission.
- Custom start-up program settings, allowing pre-specified programs to start when connected to the docking station.
- The administrator can enable or disable features, including MAC address cloning, using a password. This allows customised access rights for individual users, as per the requirements of the organisation.
- i-tec Docker Pro works with all laptops equipped with Windows 10
- i-tec Docker Pro automatically detects all i-tec docking stations equipped with a LAN port
Waar te kopen
U bent een onderneming U bent een reseller
- Supported Operating System: Windows 10
- i-tec Docker Pro runs as a Windows service in the background
- Administrator permission required for installation
- Feature settings (i.e. MAC clone, automatic program start-up, etc.) are set by the administrator
- i-tec Docker Pro is available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Czech & Polish
- Following a 30-day trial, registration is required in order to retain the MAC clone function
- The application supports corporate server installation, including installation of the full version, following registration.
- Supported i-tec docking stations include:
i-tec USB-C / USB-A 3.0 3x 4K Docking Station + Power Delivery (CATRIPLE4KDOCKPD)
i-tec USB 3.0 / USB-C Dual Display Docking Station (CADUAL4KDOCK)
i-tec USB-C Dual Display MST Docking Station with Power Delivery (C31DUALDOCKPD)
i-tec USB-C Metal 4K Docking Station with Power Delivery (C31METAL4KDOCKPD)
i-tec USB-C Low Profile Docking Station (C31FLATDOCKPD)
i-tec USB-C Travel Dock 4K HDMI or VGA (C31TRAVELDOCKPD)
i-tec USB-C 4K Mini Docking Station PD/Data (C31MINIDOCK4KPD)
i-tec USB 3.0 Dual Docking Station HDMI DVI (U3HDMIDVIDOCK)
i-tec USB 3.0 Metal Docking Station (U3METALDOCK)