i-tec Microsoft Surface Pro Docking Station HDMI or MiniDP
The ideal companion for your Surface Pro, a travel docking station that despite its small form factor, provides a host of additional connectivity options. It is easy to install thanks to Plug & Play technology, and the aluminium housing provides a robust yet light weight product that is designed for a life on the road.
Connect to an external 4K monitor via HDMI or miniDP, and additional accessories via one of the USB 3.0 ports. Also features SD and MicroSD card readers, which can function simultaneously, supporting quick and easy data transfer.
- Connect external display: 4K / 30Hz over HDMI, or 4K / 60Hz over MiniDP
- 2x USB-A 3.0 ports (2.0 compatible) make it easy to connect your existing USB devices and peripherals.
- SD and MicroSD readers for easy data transfer
- Supports Microsoft Surface Pro 4 / 5 / 6
- Supports Windows 10
Where to Buy
- 1x USB 3.0 connector for connecting to the host device
- 1x Mini DisplayPort for connecting to the host device
- Video ports:
- 1x HDMI
- 1x Mini DisplayPort
- Supported Resolutions:
- 1 monitor – 1x HDMI → up to 4K/30Hz
- 1 monitor – 1x Mini DisplayPort → up to 4K/60Hz
- 1x USB 3.0 port
- 1x SD slot
- 1x microSD slot
- OS: Windows 10
- Product dimensions: 115 x 48 x 9mm
- Product weight: 47g
- Package dimensions: 155 x 90 x 20mm
- Package weight: 100g
- Device with an available USB-A and Mini DisplayPort
- Windows 10
Question: I cannot set a 4K 60Hz resolution on the monitor.
Answer: First, please make sure that both the docking station / video adapter and the monitor can handle this resolution. Also, make sure that:
- In case of connecting via HDMI your HDMI cable supports 4K 60Hz. This is supported only by the HDMI cables version 2.0 and later. Some monitors / televisions may also have an option in the settings which needs to be turned on.
- In case of connecting via DisplayPort your cable supports 4K 60Hz. This is supported only by the DP cables version 1.2 and later. Also, be sure that in the settings of your monitor is selected the setting DP 1.2. In case you don’t know where to find it please refer to the manual for your monitor.
Question: Is it possible to set the frame rate to 120 Hz (144 Hz etc.) with the docking station / video adapter?
Answer: This is not possible. The docking station can handle maximum 60 Hz.
Question: Is it possible to connect a touchscreen monitor?
Answer: This is possible, but in this case i-tec Technologies cannot provide technical support because it is the technology of the monitor manufacturer.
Question: The image on the connected monitor flickers.
Answer: Please try a better HDMI/DisplayPort cable, this can solve your problem.
Question: Can I use a reduction to convert the signal from DVI/HDMI to DisplayPort?
Answer: Signal conversion from HDMI to DisplayPort is possible, but only in case of using the active (powered) adapter. In any case, a passive (non-powered) cable/adapter cannot be used. The passive cables/adapters can only convert the DisplayPort signal to HDMI.
Question: Can the docking station charge the laptop via USB 3.0 connector?
Answer: From a technological point of view, the USB 3.0 specification does not support laptop charging via the USB 3.0 connector.
Question The external monitor will not wake up after waking up my laptop.
Answer Try changing the monitor’s input setting from AUTO to a fixed monitor input.
If, after a long time, the automatic search for the active port does not find any input,
then the monitor may sleep so that it fails to respond to the signal from the docking station port.
Question: Does this docking station/video adapter support an audio signal transfer over HDMI or DP?
Answer: Yes, if your monitor (projector) has integrated speakers, it is possible to transfer the audio signals via HDMI or DP cable. In your OS settings, however, you must change your default audio playback device.
Question: The image on the screen connected via the docking station flashes.
Answer: If you experience this issue, you may only have an improper setting of the monitor refresh rate. If you have setting of 59 Hz, please set to 60 Hz.