i-tec MySafe USB 3.0, External case for hard drive 2.5" 9.5mm SATA I/II/III HDD/SSD
i-tec MySafe USB 3.0, external case for connecting 2.5″ SATA disks up to 9.5 mm high to your PC, laptop, TV or other multimedia device through USB 3.0 interface. You can use the external case for data migration, backup or data recovery. USB 3.0 interface with speeds up to 5 Gbps. The solid aluminium construction ensures an effective heat dissipation and hard drive protection. HDD installation is very simple, it takes you just few minutes.
In case of installation problems, technical difficulties or incorrect device functionality, first check the possible solution in the FAQ tab.
Long product description: i-tec MySafe USB 3.0, external case for hard drive 2.5″ 9.5mm SATA I/II/III HDD/SSD, USB 3.0 interface, Data transfer rate up to 5 Gbps, Aluminium housing
Where to Buy
- External enclosure/docking station for 1 x 2.5“ SATA HDD/SSD
- For HDD/SSD with a maximum height of 9,5 mm
- 1 x USB 3.0 port for connecting to the host device
- Enclosure/Docking Station interface maximum transfer rate up to 10 Gbps (USB-C gen. 2)
- 1x Power input (DC 5V/2A)
- On/Off switch
- LED indicator
- Cable USB 3.0 (60 cm)
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
- Product dimensions: 125 x 78 x 24mm
- Product weight: 145g
- Package dimensions: 178 x 128 x 46mm
- Package weight: 295g
- Device with an available USB-A port
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
- Cable USB 3.0 (60cm)
- Screwdriver & Screws
- Rubber feet
Question: The frame is not detected by the operating system.
Answer: Try connecting the device to another USB/Thunderbolt port (according to the frame type)
Question: The HDD is not visible in the system.
Answer: Make sure the HDD is formatted. Especially for a brand-new drive. You will find this information in the disk manager located in the device manager. You can also format the HDD here.
Notice! The formatting function always deletes the data. Therefore, back up your data before starting the drive formatting.
Question: Do I need to have a power supply connected to my 2.5” frame?
Answer: In most cases, no additional power is required. The frame is powered from the USB 3.0/USB-C port. If necessary, a power connector (5V) is available on the frame. The power supply is not included in the package.