i-tec USB 3.0 Metal Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Wi-fi connection is comfortable, however, if you require performance without any compromise, nothing will perform better than a Gigabit Ethernet port; modern devices however often miss this important port. This docking station allows you to easily access to 10/100/1000 Mbps network. You can enjoy high-speed internet access without any interruption.
No external power supply is needed. The adapter supports a wide range of operating systems from Windows and Mac OS to Linux. Ethernet network connection can also be used in the Android system. However, the support of this function must be included by the manufacturer directly in the particular Android device. You can easily check this support in Network Connection Settings → Other Networks, which must include Ethernet.
In case there are any problems with the installation, technical difficulties or incorrect function of the equipment, please check first for the possible solution in detailed manual or in the FAQ tab.
Long product description: i-tec USB 3.0 Metal Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, 1x USB 3.0 to RJ-45, 10/100/1000 Mbps, LED, for laptop tablet PC, Windows Mac Linux Android, Space Grey colour
- Expand your laptop, tablet or PC to Gigabit Ethernet port for high-speed internet access
- 1x USB 3.0 connector, for connecting to a laptop, tablet or PC
- Fast network and Internet access with Gigabit Ethernet connection, 1x Ethernet GLAN RJ-45 port supports 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds
- Supports Wake-on-LAN, Jumbo frame up to 9k bytes, detection of cable crossover MDI/MDIX
- Support IEEE 802.3az (Energy Efficient Ethernet) and IPv4/IPv6 pack Checksum Offload Engine (COE) to reduce CPU loading
Where to Buy
- 1x integrated USB 3.0 cable for connecting to the host device (28cm)
- 1x Ethernet GLAN RJ-45 port (Realtek RTL8153)
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
- Product dimensions: 61 x 23 x 17 mm
- Product weight: 37 g
- Package dimensions: 130 x 100 x 20 mm
- Package weight: 62 g
- Device with an available USB-A
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
Question: There are LAN failures in macOS.
Answer: The drivers are automatically installed from the system. However, sometimes the automatic installation may not take place correctly. In this case, please install the drivers which are available for download on our website under the “Download” tab for this product. Notice: Install the drivers only in case of trouble!
Question: There is no working LAN connection on my Android.
Answer: The Ethernet connection must be supported directly by the tablet manufacturer. You can easily verify the support in the set-up “Network Connections” – “Other Networks” – and the option “Ethernet” must be located here.
Question: Everything works fine, but it only shows the speed of 10 Mbps. Where is the problem?
Answer: Verify all the cabling between the PC/laptop and the active element and push the RJ-45 connectors. Sometimes can also help replacing the Ethernet cable between the adapter and the active network element (hub, switch, router) with a certified one. A solution can also be setting a specific value (instead of Auto Negotiation) in the properties of the network adapters, Speed & Duplex option.