i-tec USB 3.0 Metal HUB 3 Port + Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Combination of passive USB HUB with Gigabit Ethernet adapter, for easy and fast connection of your favorite USB peripherals to your laptop, tablet, PC, and for fast network and Internet access with Gigabit Ethernet connection.
The HUB offers three USB 3.0 ports with the Plug & Play function and standard USB charging – it will automatically detect connected equipment for USB charging. The USB 3.0 interface is important mainly for data transfers from USB 3.0 memory cards and flash disks which will use its high transfer speed most.
The Gigabit Ethernet port allows you easy access to 10/100/1000 Mbps network. You can enjoy high-speed internet access without any interruption.
This HUB is powered from the USB bus and it has a built-in overcurrent protection of your computer in case of short connection on the peripheries. It supports a wide range of operating systems from Windows and Mac OS to Linux. Ethernet network connection can also be used in the Android system. However, the support of this function must be included by the manufacturer directly in the particular Android device. You can easily check this support in Network Connection Settings → Other Networks, which must include Ethernet.
In case there are any problems with the installation, technical difficulties or incorrect function of the equipment, please check first for the possible solution in detailed manual or in the FAQ tab.
Long product description: i-tec USB 3.0 Metal 3-Port HUB with Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, 1x USB 3.0 to RJ-45, 10/100/1000 Mbps, 3x USB 3.0 Port, LED, for laptop tablet PC, Windows Mac Linux Android, Space Grey colour
- Combination of passive USB HUB with Gigabit Ethernet adapter, for easy and fast connection of your favorite USB peripherals to your laptop, tablet, PC, and for fast network and Internet access with Gigabit Ethernet connection
- 1x USB 3.0 connector, for connecting to a laptop, tablet or PC
- Fast network and Internet access with Gigabit Ethernet connection, 1x Ethernet GLAN RJ-45 port supports 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds
- 3x USB 3.0 port for connecting the USB equipment and high-speed data transfer (5 Gbps)
- LED indication for Ethernet connection
Where to Buy
- 1x integrated USB 3.0 cable for connecting to the host device (28 cm)
- 3x USB 3.0 port
- 1x Ethernet GLAN RJ-45 port (Realtek 8153)
- LED indicator
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
- Product dimensions: 96 x 30 x 21 mm
- Product weight: 65 g
- Package dimensions: 145 x 130 x 25 mm
- Package weight: 101 g
- Device with an available USB-A
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
Question: In Windows, some wireless devices (WLAN dongle or, for example, Microsoft Wireless Set 3000/5000) which are connected to the adapter stop working or disconnects irregularly. Where is the problem?
Answer: Sometimes the USB 3.0 ports interfere with 2.4 GHz wireless devices. The wireless device should be located outside the immediate distance of USB 3.0 ports and cables. Therefore, try to move the wireless device away from USB 3.0 ports and cables. For example, you can use an extension cable to connect the WLAN dongle or set.
Question: There are LAN failures in macOS.
Answer: The drivers are automatically installed from the system. However, sometimes the automatic installation may not take place correctly. In this case, please install the drivers which are available for download on our website under the “Download” tab for this product. Notice: Install the drivers only in case of trouble!
Question: There is no working LAN connection on my Android.
Answer: The Ethernet connection must be supported directly by the tablet manufacturer. You can easily verify the support in the set-up “Network Connections” – “Other Networks” – and the option “Ethernet” must be located here.
Question: Everything works fine, but it only shows the speed of 10 Mbps. Where is the problem?
Answer: Verify all the cabling between the PC/laptop and the active element and push the RJ-45 connectors. Sometimes can also help replacing the Ethernet cable between the adapter and the active network element (hub, switch, router) with a certified one. A solution can also be setting a specific value (instead of Auto Negotiation) in the properties of the network adapters, Speed & Duplex option.