i-tec USB 3.0 SATA HDD Docking Station with Clone Function
You can easily connect up to two 2.5″/3.5″ SATA I/II/III HDD or SSD to your computer with this docking station. You can work with disks as if they were classic external HDD and transfer data between them. The clone function allows you a second identical disk which can be used to back-up the entire disk or to upgrade the storage. This is especially useful when changing the drive on your computer. Just clone the disc in order to avoid reinstalling the system and other programs, this will save you a lot of time. Cloning takes place without the docking station being attached to the computer.
The LED indicates disc insertion and power supply, data transfer during cloning and HDD activity. USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface guarantees high-speed data transfer up to 5 Gbps. The operation is very simple and the drivers are automatically installed after the first connection.
In case of installation problems, technical difficulties or incorrect device functionality first, check for the possible solution in the FAQ tab.
Long product description: i-tec USB 3.0 docking station for 2.5″/3.5″ SATA I/II/III HDD SSD, with Clone Function and external power supply
Where to Buy
- External enclosure/docking station for 2x 2,5“/3.5” SATA HDD/SSD
- 1 x USB 3.0 port for connecting to the host device
- Enclosure/Docking Station interface maximum transfer rate up to 5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
- 1x Power Input (DC 12V/3A)
- On/Off switch
- LED indicator
- Clone function button
- Cable USB 3.0 (80cm)
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
- Product dimensions: 153 x 111 x 62mm
- Product weight: 390g
- Package dimensions: 202 x 160 x 72mm
- Package weight: 785g
- Device with an available USB-A port
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
- Cable USB 3.0 (80cm)
- Power adapter (DC cable 140cm)
Question: The frame is not detected by the operating system.
Answer: Try connecting the device to another USB/Thunderbolt port (according to the frame type)
Question: The HDD is not visible in the system.
Answer: Make sure the HDD is formatted. Especially for a brand-new drive. You will find this information in the disk manager located in the device manager. You can also format the HDD here.
Notice! The formatting function always deletes the data. Therefore, back up your data before starting the drive formatting.