i-tec MySafe USB 3.0 / USB-C External case for 2x 3,5“ SATA HDD, RAID 0/1/JBOD Support
i-tec MySafe USB 3.0 / USB-C External case for 2x 3,5” SATA HDD Drive is an external case for up to two 3.5″ SATA HDD/SSD drives to be connected to your PC, laptop or tablet via USB 3.0, or USB-C interface (the USB 3.0 to USB-C and the USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 cables are included). The USB connection offers fast and easy data transfer – up to 5 Gbps. The USB-C interface is compatible with Thunderbolt 3. The rigid aluminium case construction provides efficient heat dissipation and protection for HDD/SSD drives.
One of the greatest advantages of this frame is the support of RAID, which will allow either to set high level of your data protection, or the very high data writing speed, eventually to create huge hard disk unit (consisting of two hard disks. The following RAID possibilities (if two hard disks are used) are available:
- RAID 0: very high data writing speed (the frame is able to perform interlaced writing to both hard disks).
- RAID 1: high data protection level (the frame perform mirroring (it writes the identical data to both hard disks; in case of failure of one of the hard disk, neither the data nor the access to the data will be lost).
- JBOD/Standalone: within the system, the frame is seen as two standalone ones.
In case of problems with the installation, technical difficulties or incorrect function of the equipment, check first for the possible solution in the FAQ tab.
Long product description: i-tec MySafe USB 3.0 / USB-C External case for 2x 3,5” SATA HDD, RAID 0/1/JBOD Support, USB 3.0 interface, Data transfer rate up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0), Aluminium housing, compatible with Thunderbolt 3
Where to Buy
- External enclosure for 2 x 3.5“ SATA HDD
- 1 x USB 3.0 port for connecting to the host device
- Enclosure/Docking Station interface maximum transfer rate up to 5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
- RAID levels 0, 1, JBOD
- 1x Power input(DC 12V/4A)
- On/Off switch
- LED indicator
- Active fan
- Cable USB 3.0 (80cm)
- Cable USB-C to USB 3.0 (80cm)
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
- Product dimensions: 183 x 112 x 64 mm
- Product weight: 482 g
- Package dimensions: 213 x 190 x 70 mm
- Package weight: 869 g
- Device with an available USB-A, USB-C or Thunderbolt™3 port
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Linux, Android, Chrome OS
- Cable USB 3.0 (80cm)
- Cable USB- C to USB 3.0 (80cm)
- Power adapter (DC cable 118cm)
- Screwdriver & Screws
Question: The frame is not detected by the operating system.
Answer: Try connecting the device to another USB/Thunderbolt port (according to the frame type)
Question: The HDD is not visible in the system.
Answer: Make sure the HDD is formatted. Especially for a brand-new drive. You will find this information in the disk manager located in the device manager. You can also format the HDD here.
Notice! The formatting function always deletes the data. Therefore, back up your data before starting the drive formatting.