i-tec USB-C VGA Adapter 1920 x 1080p/60 Hz
Expand your desktop to external VGA monitor or connect projector or television with VGA interface to your notebook, tablet or PC via new USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 connector. The adapter supports Full HD+ video with resolution up to 1920 x 1080@60 Hz.
Using is very simple, just plug the adapter into the USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer, connect it with a display device via VGA cable and you can immediately start using. Driver installation is automatic from the system.
Please make sure to check a compatibility of your device, whether it meets all the requirements for an operation of the specific i-tec product, especially video output (Display Port Alt mode). If your device would not be fully compatible, your new i-tec product may not operate correctly. You may find the specifications your device (i.e. USB port), in a user manual supplied with your notebook/tablet/smartphone, or – alternatively – via customer service provided by a manufacturer of your device. If still uncertain, however, contact our service at email@example.com.
Long product description: i-tec USB-C to VGA Adapter, 1x VGA Full HD up to 1920 x 1080p/60 Hz, compatible with Thunderbolt 3
Where to Buy
- 1x USB-C 3.1 port, transfer rate up to 10 Gbps
- Graphic interface: 1x VGA max. resolution 1920×1080@60 Hz
- Modes: Extend, Mirror, and Primary monitor
- Supported colours 16/32 bits
- Powered from the USB bus, no external power supply adapter required
- OS: Requires a USB-C interface with “DisplayPort Alternate Mode” support (not all USB-C-equipped devices/systems follow this standard) or Thunderbolt 3 port – now Windows 10 32/64bit, Mac OS X, Chrome OS (Google)
- Product dimensions: 45 x 45 x 15 mm
- Product weight: 25 g
- Package dimensions: 160 x 120 x 25 mm
- Package weight: 70 g
- Hardware requirements: laptop, tablet, PC, smartphone with the Windows, Mac, or Google OS and with a free USB-C port supporting “DisplayPort Alternate Mode”
- Operating System: Windows 10, Mac OS X, Google (Chrome OS) with the latest updates
- i-tec USB-C VGA adapter with a cable (15 cm)
- Quick Start
Question: When I close the laptop lid, the laptop turns off. Is it possible to prevent it?
- Windows has a special setting which controls what the laptop should do in case of closing the lid. This setting needs to be changed. Right-click the Start button and select Power options. From the options on the right, select Other power settings. A new window opens, and here from the left menu, select Choose what closing the lid does / When I Close the Lid and select Do nothing.
- In macOS there are 4 conditions to be met to avoid turning off the MacBook. The MacBook needs to be connected to the power supply, an external keyboard, mouse, and monitor must be connected. Then you can close the MacBook lid and work with an external monitor only.
Question: Can the monitor connected via the docking station use the graphics technology from nVidia/AMD/Intel? E.g. G-sync, or FreeSync.
Answer: The docking station cannot use the graphics technologies from nVidia/AMD/Intel.
Question: Is it possible to set the frame rate to 120 Hz (144 Hz etc.) with the docking station / video adapter?
Answer: This is not possible. The docking station can handle maximum 60 Hz.
Question: Is it possible to connect a touchscreen monitor?
Answer: This is possible, but in this case i-tec Technologies cannot provide technical support because it is the technology of the monitor manufacturer.
Question The external monitor will not wake up after waking up my laptop.
Answer Try changing the monitor’s input setting from AUTO to a fixed monitor input.
If, after a long time, the automatic search for the active port does not find any input,
then the monitor may sleep so that it fails to respond to the signal from the docking station port.
Question: What are the requirements for the primary graphics cards for use with graphics chipsets in i-tec graphics adapters and docking stations?
Answer: The graphics chipsets in i-tec products are secondary (additional) graphics cards in a PC.
They need a primary graphic card installed for their functionality.
Note for Windows 10 and later: In these operating systems, the graphics driver only works depending on the primary graphics cards: Intel, NVidia, ATI/AMD, VIA. It can’t work with SiS or Matrox graphic cards.
Question: I have your device and the image transfer does not work.
Answer: Your device must meet system requirements, especially DP Alt. Mode support on the USB-C port. If you are not sure about DP Alt. Mode support on your device, please contact your device manufacturer or our technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Question: The image on the screen connected via the docking station flashes.
Answer: If you experience this issue, you may only have an improper setting of the monitor refresh rate. If you have setting of 59 Hz, please set to 60 Hz.
Question: Can I use this docking station/video adapter also via the Thunderbolt3 port?
Answer: Yes, the USB-C docking station/graphics adapter can also be used via the Thunderbolt3 port.
Only the Power Delivery may not work, but it depends on the TB3 features of your laptop.