i-tec MySafe USB-C M.2 NVMe Drive Metal External Case 10 Gbps
i-tec MySafe USB-C 3.1 M.2 is an external frame for M.2 M-Key NVMe SSD drives compatible with the following sizes: 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280. You can connect an M.2 SSD to a laptop, computer or tablet using this frame. The USB-C 3.1 connectivity offers fast and easy data transfer (up to 10 Gbps or 800 MB/s read/write). A rigid aluminium construction provides efficient heat dissipation and protection for the drive. Installing the hard drive is very simple; it takes just a few minutes.
Long product description: i-tec MySafe USB-C 3.1 Gen. 2, External case for M.2 M-Key NVMe SSD drive, USB-C 3.1 Gen. 2 interface, Data transfer rate up to 10 Gbps, Aluminium housing, Thunderbolt 3 compatible
Where to Buy
- External USB-C frame for M.2 M-Key NVMe SSD drives
- Interface: 1x USB-C 3.1, Gen. 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Compatible with M-Key NVMe drives (sizes: 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280)
- Read/write speed up to 800 MB/s
- OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32/64bit, macOS 10.x and higher, Linux, Android, Chrome
- Plug & Play
- Active LED indicator showing the status of the frame (lit – connected, flashing – writing/reading)
- Power supply 5 V, 900 mA
- Product weight: 76 g
- Product dimensions: 104 x 36 x 15 mm
- Package dimensions: 160 x 81 x 47 mm
- Package weight: 90 g
- External frame for M.2 drive
- USB-C cable (45 cm)
- User Manual
Question: The frame is not detected by the operating system.
Answer: Try connecting the device to another USB/Thunderbolt port (according to the frame type)
Question: The HDD is not visible in the system.
Answer: Make sure the HDD is formatted. Especially for a brand-new drive. You will find this information in the disk manager located in the device manager. You can also format the HDD here.
Notice! The formatting function always deletes the data. Therefore, back up your data before starting the drive formatting.
Question: The case cover heats up during operation.
Answer: It is common for the cover to heat up, especially while intensively writing data; therefore, heating is not a defect. The internal electronics of the case as well as the drives are cooled by the cover. We recommend to ensure access of the air to the frame and not cover it with other objects.
Question: I can’t insert (use) the M.2 drive into this frame.
Answer: This frame is for the NVMe M.2 drives only.