i-tec MySafe USB-C M.2 SATA Drive Metal External case 10 Gbps
i-tec MySafe USB-C 3.1 M.2 is external case for M.2 SSD disks (SATA, B-key) compatible with sizes 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280. With the enclosure you can connect M.2 SSD disks to your notebook, computer, TV or other multimedia device. The enclosure is also suitable for moving data from a damaged notebook. Connection through USB-C 3.1 interface offers high speed and easy data transfer (up to 10 Gbps). The solid aluminium construction ensures an effective heat dissipation and hard drive protection. SSD installation is very simple, it takes you just few minutes.
In case of problems with the installation, technical difficulties or incorrect function of the equipment, check first for the possible solution in the FAQ tab.
Long product description: i-tec MySafe USB-C 3.1 Gen. 2, External case for SATA M.2 drive, USB-C 3.1 Gen. 2 interface, Data transfer rate up to 10 Gbps, Aluminium housing, Thunderbolt 3 compatible
- External USB-C 3.1 case for M.2 SSD disks (SATA, B-key) compatible with sizes 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280
- USB-C 3.1 Gen. 2 interface for high speed data transfer (up to 10 Gbps)
- Plug & Play function
Where to Buy
- External enclosure/docking station for 1 x M.2 SATA drive
- Compatible with M.2 SATA drivers only, 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280 sizes (M.2 NVMe drives are not supported)
- 1x USB-C port for connecting to the host device
- Enclosure/Docking Station interface maximum transfer rate up to 10 Gbps (USB-C Gen. 2)
- LED indicator
- Cable USB-C (45cm)
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Android 6 or later, Chrome OS
- Product dimensions: 110 x 40 x 9mm
- Product weight: 44g
- Package dimensions: 145 x 70 x 37mm
- Package weight: 133g
- Device with an available USB-C or Thunderbolt™3 port
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 /10, macOS X, Android 6 or later, Chrome OS
- Cable USB-C (45cm)
- Screwdriver & Screws
Question: The frame is not detected by the operating system.
Answer: Try connecting the device to another USB/Thunderbolt port (according to the frame type)
Question: The HDD is not visible in the system.
Answer: Make sure the HDD is formatted. Especially for a brand-new drive. You will find this information in the disk manager located in the device manager. You can also format the HDD here.
Notice! The formatting function always deletes the data. Therefore, back up your data before starting the drive formatting.
Question: The case cover heats up during operation.
Answer: It is common for the cover to heat up, especially while intensively writing data; therefore, heating is not a defect. The internal electronics of the case as well as the drives are cooled by the cover. We recommend to ensure access of the air to the frame and not cover it with other objects.
Question: I can’t insert (use) the M.2 drive into this frame.
Answer: This frame is for the SATA M.2 drives only.