i-tec USB-C 4K Mini Docking Station PD/Data
Enhance your notebook, tablet or smartphone using USB-C connectivity. This Thunderbolt 3 compatible travel docking station with HDMI port supports 4K Ultra HD resolution (3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz) and stereo sound. USB-C Power Delivery (PD) port enables a notebook, tablet or smartphone to be powered and charged (max. 60 W). The unit features two USB-C ports, 1x supporting a data transfer rate of 5 Gbps and 1x USB-C Power Delivery port, which is capable of charging all notebooks, tablets, and smartphones with USB-C Power Delivery support.
2x USB 3.0 ports (USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 compatible) make it easy to connect all of your favourite existing hardware, while the Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port provides reliable, robust and high-speed internet connection, supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds.
C31MINIDOCK4KPD is extremely compact and lightweight, so perfect for when you are on the move. It is quick and easy to set-up and with no external power supply or driver download, simply plug & play. Suitable for use with MacBook Pro 2016, Macbook 2015, Chromebook Pixel 2015, Acer UX390, Acer Switch Alpha 12, Dell XPS 13 and HP Elitebook Folio G1, as well as other devices with USB-C connectivity.
Additional Important Information:
- The video transfer is not supported via the USB-C 3.1 (Gen. 1) port. This function is not supported by USB-C docking stations but is supported by Thunderbolt 3 docking stations.
- Not all devices/systems with USB-C interface support the full standard functionality. Please ensure that your USB-C device supports DP alt mode and USB Power Delivery.
Product Overview & Features:
- Connect your notebook, tablet or smartphone to an additional monitor and your favourite hardware via a single USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port
- Supports all devices with the USB-C interface with “DisplayPort Alternate Mode” and „Power Delivery”, or Thunderbolt 3 port
- 1x HDMI port supporting 4K 3840×2160 @ 30Hz and stereo sound
- 1x USB-C 3.1 (gen. 1) port to connect other USB-C devices, supporting a data transfer rate of up to 5 Gbps
- 1x USB-C Power Delivery / Data Port – Power Delivery with the profile 4 for charging laptops, tablets or smartphones with support for Power Delivery. To this port you can connect an original or a universal AC power adapter with USB-C connector, it ensures the constant charging of your laptop, tablet or smartphone during your work. This port also enables data transfer, therefore can be used to connect modern data devices with USB-C connector (e.g. Ethernet adapter, USB Flash Drive…) However, the port does not enable video transfer.
- 2x USB 3.0 ports (USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 compatible), making it easy to connect all of your favourite existing hardware.
- Fast network and Internet access with Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 port, supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds
- Ideal for graphic designers, financial officers, gamers and other users working with more than one monitor simultaneously using the “Mirror” or “Extend” modes.
- 1x USB-C connector for connecting docking station to host (data transfer up to 5 Gbps, cable length 15 cm)
- Supports Windows 10 32/64 bit, Mac OS X, Chrome OS and Android 6
- Cross-brand and cross-platform compatibility
Please make sure to check a compatibility of your device, whether it meets all the requirements for an operation of the specific i-tec product, especially video output (Display Port Alt mode), and/or Power Delivery. If your device would not be fully compatible, your new i-tec product may not operate correctly. You may find the specifications your device (i.e. USB port), in a user manual supplied with your notebook/tablet/smartphone, or – alternatively – via customer service provided by a manufacturer of your device. If still uncertain, however, contact our service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long product description: i-tec USB-C Mini Docking Station, Multi-function Adapter, 1x HDMI 4K Ultra HD, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB 3.0 Port, 1x USB-C port, 1x USB-C Power Delivery / Data Port, compatible with Thunderbolt 3, for Windows, Mac OS, Android, Chrome
Where to Buy
- Graphic interface: 1x HDMI, max. resolution 4K 3840×2160@30Hz; for connecting an HDMI monitor
- Mode: Extend, Mirror and Primary Display
- Supported colors 16 / 32 bit
- 1x USB-C 3.1 (Gen. 1) port for connecting to a data devices via USB-C connector, high-speed data transmission up to 5 Gbps
- 2x USB-A 3.0 port for connecting USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 devices and high-speed data transmission up to 5 Gbps
- 1x USB-C Power Delivery / Data Port – Power Delivery with the profile 4 (max. 60W) for charging laptops, tablets or smartphones with support for Power Delivery. To this port you can connect an original or a universal AC power adapter with USB-C connector, it ensures the constant charging of your laptop, tablet or smartphone during your work. This port also enables data transfer, therefore can be used to connect modern data devices with USB-C connector (e.g. Ethernet adapter, USB Flash Drive…) However, the port does not enable video transfer.
- 1x Ethernet GLAN RJ-45 port for fast network and Internet access with Gigabit Ethernet connection, it supports speeds of 10/100/1000 Mbps
- 1x integrated USB-C 3.1 cable for connecting the docking station to the laptop, tablet, PC or smartphone
- Powered by USB bus (no power adapter is needed) or through USB-C PD / Data port
- Chipset: VL101 & VL813 & PS176 & RTL8153
- OS: Requires USB-C interface with “DisplayPort Alternate Mode” and „Power Delivery“ support (not all devices/systems with USB-C interface supports the standard) or Thunderbolt 3 port – Windows 10 32/64bit, Mac OS X, Chrome OS and Android 6 (Google) with Intel Broadwell Processor and R51 and higher
- Product dimensions: 133 x 56 x 15 mm
- Product weight: 83 g
- Packaging dimensions: 175 x 130 x 20 mm
- Packaging weight: 133 g
Hardware: Notebook or tablet with Windows, Mac or Google OS. Available USB-C port with Display Alternate Mode and Power Delivery support, or a Thunderbolt 3 port.
Operating Software: Supports Windows 10 32/64bit, Mac OS X, Chrome OS and Android 6
- i-tec USB-C Mini Docking Station with cable (15 cm)
- Travel Pouch
- Quick Start
Product Part Numbers
|i-tec Part Number Product Description & EAN|
|C31MINIDOCK4KPD||i-tec USB-C 4K Mini Docking Station PD/Data, EAN 8595611702044|
|USB-C 3.1 (gen. 1)||1|
|USB-C male||1 (for connecting the docking station to the host)|
|USB 3.0 Type A||2|
|Hardware||Notebook or tablet with Windows, Mac or Google OS. Available USB-C port with Display Alternate Mode and Power Delivery support, or a Thunderbolt 3 port.|
|Operating Software||Supports Windows 10 32/64bit, Mac OS X, Chrome OS and Android 6|
|Power Source||USB Powered|
|Product Dimensions (l x w x h)||133 x 56 x 15 mm|
|Product Weight (excl. packaging)||83 g|
|Product Weight (incl. packaging)||133 g|
|Packaging Dimensions||175 x 130 x 20 mm|
|After Sales Service|
|Warranty Period||2 years|
|Technical Support||Product Lifetime|
|i-tec USB-C 4K Mini Docking Station PD/Data|
|1x Travel pouch|
|1x Quick Start Guide|
- i-tec USB-C Mini Docking Station with cable (15 cm)
- Travel Pouch
- Quick Start
Question: Can I use Adaptor to transfer signal from HDMI/Display Port port to VGA/DVI Port?
Answer: We do not recomend transfering Digital signal (HDMI/DVI) to Analog (VGA/DVI) due the technological restrictions of Analog ports (their low data bandwidth), these adaptors might not work corectly.
Question: What are the requirements for the primary graphic cards to be used with the graphic chipsets in the i-tech graphic adapters and docking stations?
Answer: Graphic chipsets are secondary (additional) graphic cards in the PC. For their function they need to have an installed primary graphic card. Windows 10 and later: In these operating system the graphic controller works only in connection with the primary graphic cards: Intel, NVidia, ATI/AMD, VIA. It cannot work with the SiS or Matrox graphic cards.
Question: Can I get more detailed information on the problems related to the USB-C docking station?
Answer: Of course, you can contact our technical help: email@example.com
Question: The device does not charge an Apple / Samsung tablet.
Answer: If the connected device is not charged or does not work, connect the original / external USB-C power adaptor to the power connector of the parent laptop / Mac / smartphone / tablet or USB-C port on the docking station for support of charging. Unfortunately despite the European standard on unification of the power supply devices some companies protect their products by allowing charging these products only with the original / licensed power adaptor through the USB-C port.