i-tec USB-C Metal Display Port Adapter 4K/60Hz
Expand your desktop to external Display Port monitor via new USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 connector. The adapter supports 4K Ultra HD video with resolution up to 3840 x 2160 px and stereo sound.
The adapter is suitable for use with Apple MacBook 2015, Chromebook Pixel 2015, Acer Switch Alpha 12, Dell XPS 13, HP EliteBook Folio G1 and other devices with the USB-C connector. The USB-C connector has many advantages, it is smaller, symmetrical and allows the easy connection because now you need not take care of the rotation of the connector.
The adapter is the excellent choice for designers, graphic designers, gamers, and other users working with more than one screen simultaneously. Using the “Extend” and “Mirror” modes you can work for example with applications on two monitors (e.g., wide spreadsheets), or you can work on the first screen and search for information on the Internet on the second screen, you can compare several documents simultaneously without constant switching among the open windows, you can display panoramic images on two screens without the need to have another computer etc.
Using is very simple, just plug the adapter into the USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer, connect it with a display device via Display Port cable and you can immediately start using. Driver installation is automatic from the system.
Please make sure to check a compatibility of your device, whether it meets all the requirements for an operation of the specific i-tec product, especially video output (Display Port Alt mode), and/or Power Delivery. If your device would not be fully compatible, your new i-tec product may not operate correctly. You may find the specifications your device (i.e. USB port), in a user manual supplied with your notebook/tablet/smartphone, or – alternatively – via customer service provided by a manufacturer of your device. If still uncertain, however, contact our service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any problems with installation, technical difficulties or faulty functionality of device find the possible solution in FAQ bookmark first.
Long product description: i-tec USB-C to Display Port Metal Adapter 60Hz, 1x Display Port 4K Ultra HD, compatible with Thunderbolt 3
- Expand your desktop to external Display Port monitor via new USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 connector, the adapter allows you to transfer video with 4K Ultra HD resolution and stereo sound
- 1x USB-C 3.1 connector, transfer rate up to 10 Gbps, for connecting to a notebook, tablet or PC
- Graphic interface: 1x Display Port (spec. 1.2), max. 3840x2160 / 60Hz, for connecting an external monitor
- Mode: Extend, Mirror and Primary Display
- Supported colors 16 / 32 bit
Where to Buy
- 1x integrated USB-C cable for connecting to the host device (15cm)
- Video port:
- 1x DisplayPort
- Supported resolutions:
- 1 monitor – 1x Display Port → up to 4K/60 Hz
- OS: Windows 10, macOS X, Android, Chrome OS Google with the latest updates
- Product dimensions: 45 x 30 x 15 mm
- Product weight: 27 g
- Package dimensions: 145 x 130 x 25 mm
- Package weight: 69 g
- Device with an available USB-C or Thunderbolt™3 port
Video output requirements:
- Device with a free USB-C port with “DisplayPort Alternate Mode” support or with Thunderbolt™3 port
- Windows 10, macOS X, Android, Chrome OS Google with the latest updates
Question: When I close the laptop lid, the laptop turns off. Is it possible to prevent it?
- Windows has a special setting which controls what the laptop should do in case of closing the lid. This setting needs to be changed. Right-click the Start button and select Power options. From the options on the right, select Other power settings. A new window opens, and here from the left menu, select Choose what closing the lid does / When I Close the Lid and select Do nothing.
- In macOS there are 4 conditions to be met to avoid turning off the MacBook. The MacBook needs to be connected to the power supply, an external keyboard, mouse, and monitor must be connected. Then you can close the MacBook lid and work with an external monitor only.
Question: I cannot set a 4K 60Hz resolution on the monitor.
Answer: First, please make sure that both the docking station / video adapter and the monitor can handle this resolution. Also, make sure that:
- In case of connecting via HDMI your HDMI cable supports 4K 60Hz. This is supported only by the HDMI cables version 2.0 and later. Some monitors / televisions may also have an option in the settings which needs to be turned on.
- In case of connecting via DisplayPort your cable supports 4K 60Hz. This is supported only by the DP cables version 1.2 and later. Also, be sure that in the settings of your monitor is selected the setting DP 1.2. In case you don’t know where to find it please refer to the manual for your monitor.
Question: Can the monitor connected via the docking station use the graphics technology from nVidia/AMD/Intel? E.g. G-sync, or FreeSync.
Answer: The docking station cannot use the graphics technologies from nVidia/AMD/Intel.
Question: Is it possible to set the frame rate to 120 Hz (144 Hz etc.) with the docking station / video adapter?
Answer: This is not possible. The docking station can handle maximum 60 Hz.
Question: Is it possible to connect a touchscreen monitor?
Answer: This is possible, but in this case i-tec Technologies cannot provide technical support because it is the technology of the monitor manufacturer.
Question: The image on the connected monitor flickers.
Answer: Please try a better HDMI/DisplayPort cable, this can solve your problem.
Question The external monitor will not wake up after waking up my laptop.
Answer Try changing the monitor’s input setting from AUTO to a fixed monitor input.
If, after a long time, the automatic search for the active port does not find any input,
then the monitor may sleep so that it fails to respond to the signal from the docking station port.
Question: Does this docking station/video adapter support an audio signal transfer over HDMI or DP?
Answer: Yes, if your monitor (projector) has integrated speakers, it is possible to transfer the audio signals via HDMI or DP cable. In your OS settings, however, you must change your default audio playback device.
Question: What are the requirements for the primary graphics cards for use with graphics chipsets in i-tec graphics adapters and docking stations?
Answer: The graphics chipsets in i-tec products are secondary (additional) graphics cards in a PC.
They need a primary graphic card installed for their functionality.
Note for Windows 10 and later: In these operating systems, the graphics driver only works depending on the primary graphics cards: Intel, NVidia, ATI/AMD, VIA. It can’t work with SiS or Matrox graphic cards.
Question: I have your device and the image transfer does not work.
Answer: Your device must meet system requirements, especially DP Alt. Mode support on the USB-C port. If you are not sure about DP Alt. Mode support on your device, please contact your device manufacturer or our technical support: email@example.com.
Question: The image on the screen connected via the docking station flashes.
Answer: If you experience this issue, you may only have an improper setting of the monitor refresh rate. If you have setting of 59 Hz, please set to 60 Hz.
Question: Can I use this docking station/video adapter also via the Thunderbolt3 port?
Answer: Yes, the USB-C docking station/graphics adapter can also be used via the Thunderbolt3 port.
Only the Power Delivery may not work, but it depends on the TB3 features of your laptop.
Question: May I use this device in Linux?
Response: Yes, the docking station supports Linux. Please make sure that your distribution is up to date. The docking station uses drivers, which are a part of the OS – the drivers should already be integrated in all current distributions. Unfortunately, because of the large volume of distributions it is not possible to test all of them.
If you aren’t certain, please contact our technical support staff: firstname.lastname@example.org