Products with external video support, based on DisplayLink no longer work on macOS 10.13.4 (mainly Docking stations and video adapters). All products, including i-tec, are affected.
- Although DisplayLink is working hard to find a fix to the current situation, there is no forecasted date of the update release of their driver.
- This issue is strictly limited to Mac users, does not affect Windows, Chrome OS, Ubuntu or Android operating systems.
- We recommend all MacOS users not to update to 10.13.4. Once the update is done, the DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS upgrade, with the current DisplayLink driver [4.1] installed. (Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, will not be affected). All DisplayLink features continue to work as expected in 10.13.3.
- We strongly recommend to stay on 10.13.3 and not to upgrade to 10.13.4. You may disable automatic update to 10.13.4, by unchecking the two highlighted boxes (see below).
- You may revert to an earlier version of MacOS
- You may re-install from Recovery environment
- You may install a DisplayLink driver 4.3 Beta 4 (see details below)
- We will update you as soon as we learn any news from either Apple or DisplayLink.